Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Alive

Just thought I should let everyone know this. It's a shocker! I went a few days without posting whereas I was posting more than once each day! 


The last few days have been really busy. The weekend allowed Alyssa to take me around Seoul for the first time, and then Monday and Tuesday came and I went on my own. It's been quite the adventure. 


First the National Museum of Korea.







Then the Cherry Blossom Festival on Yeouido Island. 





Yes, there were snails, like the tiny ones found all over Birch Bay:




And squid:


Cute tykes, banging on drums:



Then on to Gyeongbokgung Palace, the largest palace in Korea. 



The ceilings were amazing:



As were many of the staircases (the creatures had specific meanings as well):



These stone markers were in place for the officers to form lines at:







Most pathways had three sections. The center was only for the king and the left was for the military officers, and the right (the lowest of the three classes mentioned) was for the civilian officers. 




Saturday in Seoul was very eventful, because we also went to Namsan Seoul Tower. 








It was a great day, and four days later, my feet still ache from the four hours spent at the National Museum. 


I hope you enjoyed being able to scroll through the pictures as fast as you wanted. I always seem to get stuck with the people that want to describe every shot in minute detail for hours. This way, you can look at what you want and ignore the rest. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! :) Amazing pictures and you look gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy seeing the pictures and the self portrait thrown in too; your smile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?