Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mental Floss

Love that magazine. Someday I'm going to have a subscription to it. 


Mostly what I like about it is how they find the strangest stories around. They have information that I never would have thought to seek out. This is the second issue that I've read cover to cover and I am amazed at what they dig up. 


Anyway, recently I found out that I don't handle pain well. I can deal with it for a long time, but once I start explaining it to someone other than a doctor, I get pretty emotional. Not sobbing and screaming emotional, just teary-eyed. And I hate that. I wish I could stoically deal with whatever comes my way. 


When I was in a car accident a couple years ago, I pretty much couldn't stop crying while talking to the police officer. That frustrates me to this day. He was rude to me and all I could do was cry. I couldn't even say something like, 'Hey, I was just in a car accident and I'm freaking out a little. Could you give me a moment?' I just cried and tried to answer his questions. 


And now I'm fine with the pain in my stomach, but I had a moment last night and it reminded me why my roommates are so amazing. 


Well, that's as long as I can stick with a topic, and I don't even know if it's a cohesive story anymore. It made sense when my brain made all the connections, but getting it into writing is another thing altogether. 


Weight loss. No, this will not become a weight loss blog, but it's on my mind. Because I'm in pain I can't do anything really. The longer I'm standing, the more I hurt and the more I sit, the better I feel. So I'm pretty much stuck sitting on the couch today. And I'm really bummed about that. I want to bike and see the ocean. 


But moving around right now is a bad idea. Sometimes I just wish losing weight didn't take any effort. At times I feel like I'm doing so much to work out and eat right but nothing happens. At other times I just ignore all the rules I should be following and feel guilty. It sucks. That's all I've got to say about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?