Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Italy, Day 5: Rome, Part 3 of 3

The rest of the day was quite wonderful as well. Two of my friends and I went to Castel Sant' Angelo, but discovered that it would be closing very soon. The entrance fee was not worth it when the best part of the castle was the architecture, which is hard to see at night.

Castel Sant' Angelo in the distance. 

Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II (ponte = bridge). 

Piazza dei Tribunali in the distance, I think. 

Free bruchetta offered at Restaurant 39. 

My dessert was definitely picture worthy!
So yummy. I definitely gained a couple pounds while in Rome!

As were my friends'. 

We were exhausted after this day, or at least I was. That night, when I got back to my hostel, my luggage had finally arrived! RyanAir had sent it from Bordeaux to Belgium where there was a strike going on at the airport, then sent it to Paris and finally to Rome Ciampino Airport and on to my hostel. I was stuck in the same clothes while in Rome and Milan and I just had my iPad and a few essentials in my purse with me. Needless to say, I will never check baggage with RyanAir again! But they're so cheap, I will continue to fly with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?