Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Italy, Day 6: Rome

The week was getting colder and colder, but I still went out to explore the typical tourist sights. Here is Giardini Piazza Vittorio:

Giardini Piazza Vittorio.

The tower above. 

I am still amazed by the detail they put on the ceilings. 


There is a little downstairs area below the house thing from the picture above. 

Me. 


I discovered Colle Oppio by accident. I was just walking around and then saw a park and wandered into it. Then found some ruins:

Colle Oppio.


And the main event: the Colosseo, or Coliseum

My first sign that I was on the right track. 




Me, awkwardly trying to take a photo of myself at the coloseum 
with my camera strap still around my neck. 




After the coloseum, I was tired of walking around and trying to find the tourist areas. Not to mention I showed up less than an hour before closing and the audio guide office had closed a few minutes earlier. So I didn't spend much time at the coloseum since I would be coming back the next day.

I went to a movie theater I found on my first day in Rome. Unfortunately all the films had been dubbed in Italian. So I saw Mission Impossible: Operation Fantismo (or something like that in Italian). It was quite good, I didn't understand much but it was much easier than the French translated movie I saw a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?